Thursday, 1 July 2010

Some more of my SIMP treasures.



Sorry these pictures are not in order. Can't seem to work out how to get them where I want.
These are of some of the gorgeous things I bought at SIMP. I'm afraid the nursery is no further along as I'm waiting on some bits. The photos are of a corner cupboard from Veronique Lux filled with some lovely little bits. The dog on a drum is also by Veronique. The 2 automaton toys are Lawrence St.leger, I have had these for a while. The little ceramic bunnies are the work of Veronique Cornish. Little heart dishes by Paris miniatures ( the spotty one) and the other is Elizabeth Causeret.The little undressed doll I bought from Jane Laverick, not at SIMP.
The next picture is a fabulous little hand painted child's table and chairs made by Valerie-Anne Casson. It was jut what I was looking for for the nursery. On the table are 3 cup cakes by Paris miniatures, a jug again by Elizabeth Causeret and a beautifully stitched tea cosy by Rosanna. The tea cosy looks a little big on the table, as it is a child's table, but fit's so nicely with the other things.
The first picture is introducing Pippi, my first child for the nursery. She is made by the very talented Catherine Menuire. It was an exciting buy, as you had to first get a raffle ticket and then attend the draw. When your ticket is pulled out, you may choose 1 doll to buy. I waited very patiently, twiddling my crystal, in the hope my ticket was drawn in time to purchase Pippi.It was, it was meant to be!! Jain xx

19 comments:

  1. What treasures, love the little dog in particular in the top pic Jain. All the colours are so pretty, so muted and pastel. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kate you have reminded me I didn't include who made my little dog. I brought him at Kensington from Sarah Schiff, she does the most amazing work. Jain xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful treasures. I love the doll. She must be really in demand having a raffle just to have the chance to buy one wow.

    If you want to move your piccies around oyu can just right click and cut and paste them where you want them to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything, you've got so many fabulous pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Jain I think your going to have the most beautiful nursery when you have finished. That doll is one of the best dolls I have seen. Its nice to see that you got what you wanted.

    Lorra Luffies

    Debie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful collection of little treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Que gran coleccion de tesoros en miatura, te ha quedado fabulosa esa guarderia.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jain, the doll is fabulous as all her creatures. Thank you for showing where the Tcozy went, I feel honoured to have a work of mine among all those worderful pieces. Thank you again Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. What truly lovely and wonderful buys! I love the dog on the drum, the lamb and little Pippi! I am so glad that you got to buy the doll you wanted. :o))

    I love the painted chairs, just divine! I have some mini's by some of the artisan's you mentioned, so I have a great idea of the quality! ;o))

    Michelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful lot of treasures!! I really love the colors. The little dog in the first picture is wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs,
    *Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful purchases indeed. So sweet and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jain you brought some wonderful minis for the Nursery. Little Pippa is lovely. Rosanna's Tea Cosy goes so well with the table and Chairs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love everything especially the furniture. I am sure I saw some items like this on a website once and loved the idea then.
    What a shame Valerie-Ann does not have a website.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pippa is so cute! I can see why you had to have her. I love all your SIMP treasures. They are all charming.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jain,Pippa looks so happy there with all your lovely SIMP goodies !
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the nursery finished, its going to be beautiful,
    julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jain!!! I am so envious that you have a Catherine doll! I adore her work and she is the inspiration behind my doll making! How lucky for you to be able to get Pippi. She is so adorable! I have been hoping to see some of the dolls that she had to offer this year!! I don't mean to go on and on but I could.....LOL....I really love everything else that you have bought for your Nursery too.....oh, but Catherine Muniere!!!!!!!! Lucky you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi Jain,i loved your blog.is very nice.come visit me at my blog (terradeduendes.blogspot.com)hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jain, I LOVE everything about your nursery. I am working on one for me and yours is very inspiring.lovely, hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete