Sunday, 31 October 2010

Happy Halloween and other things!










First, apoligies for not posting for so long. So many things have been happening recently I haven't had much time for adding to my blog. I have been trying to keep up with things in blogland periodically. Welcome to my new followers.
The main thing that has happened is, after 30 years of nursing I handed my notice in. I now have one week left to work. As a consequence of this I have had to find something else to bring some money in. I am in the process of setting up a new business in silver keepsake jewellery. It involves putting fingerprints, handprints,pawprints into fine silver. This is taking rather alot of my time at the moment and I am trying to get stock ready for Pudsey fair next weekend and Kensington in December.
I will still continue to do my dolls, but probably will be cutting down on fairs next year at least. Will hopefully putting more characters for sale through my website or etsy.
I thought I would just add a photo of the ghost lady I have finished this week and also some pictures I took yesterday at Whitby goth weekend. The costumes were fabulous, lots of steampunk and weird costumes. The photo with babies, they are reborn babies.
Enjoy!! Love Jain xx

13 comments:

  1. I love the ghost lady. She is precious.

    Darel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new direction!

    I had a friend who was a member of the Vampire Society and would go to the meeting and Whitby every year without fail.....I don't suppose you met a Vampire from Brighton called Adrian by any chance...? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful doll, beautiful costumes! Good luck with your nes business! Keep my fingers crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your business, but keep doing your dolls, where would we all be without your wonderful characters :)
    Julia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you oodles of good luck with the new direction..it sounds very original and personal...fabulous! :o)

    I love the ghost doll (the face and neck, just perfect!)and so glad that you will be still making them as I absolutely adore your work and with more available online! :o))))))

    Love the Goths too, I've only been to Whitby once, it was very grey and very windy...I nearly took off in a Mary Poppins moment! lol

    Michelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ghost doll! She's magnificent! Best of luck with your new endeavors.

    Cia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love your ghost jain ,she is fab and what a face :0)
    The whitby pics are great too, ,love the costumes but not the scary scary babies LOL
    You already know how excited I am about your new venture, I just know it will be a great success !
    julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the new venture, Jain.
    Don't give up making dolls tho'!!!!
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the goth pics and the new spooky doll is wonderful of course! GOod luck with your new venture Jain, and hoping youll still be making lots of dolls, after all your so very good at it, my houses wont be the same without more of your creations in them!! Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful little ghost,love her expression and the photos are fantastic.Good luck with the keep sake creations. x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you everybody. I won't be stopping the dolls, I love making them too much. Just taking some time off from some of the fairs for the next year, while I get the silver going. It will just mean selling online regularly and not panicking to get stock for fairs. Love Jain xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heey Jain,

    Wauwww....your blog is really amazing!
    Your dolls are so beautiful
    I follow your blog now..
    Please take a look in my nostalgic world.

    Sweet greetings from Holland,
    Marijke

    ReplyDelete
  13. The old ghost is amazing. I love the name giddykipper!

    ReplyDelete