Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Long time no see!!!!

It has been forever since I've posted on here. I'm trying to rekindle my love of creating a miniature project. It seems since I started making dolls for a living, my passion for making miniature scenes in general has dwindled. I still collect amazing peices from artisans all over the world, but the actual building and making of a whole scene just doesn't seem to happen. Time always an issue, but also after doing dolls all day I can't gather enthusiasm to do any other miniatures. So last weekend at York dollshouse fair, I brought myself a conservatory from Mark The Dollshouse Builder. I have a plan in my head for what I want to do and the building was of the right size and had the glass roof I was eager to have. This building is not going to resemble in any way the conservatory it is intended to be. My plan in to make a bohemian style scruffy bathroom and terrace outside. I'm going to use this space to log the bathrooms progress. Here is a picture of what the building is supposed to look like and also a picture of the sides assembled. I am not using the kits french doors as I want to make my own, so the first alteration to the kit was removing the bottom peice of the french doors frame. I have a planned trip to Hobbycraft tomorrow to get the supplies I need to start the transformation. see you soon xx

6 comments:

  1. Good to see you - project sounds lots of fun!
    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin. Hoping this will spur me on to get it finished. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoop! Welcome back Jain and happy creating! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing it take shape Jain :)
    julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well taking shape it is Julie and Tee. Slow but sure. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to following the progress Jain..x

    ReplyDelete